Sunday, August 17, 2008

5 Day, Sea Legs and "Hello Lover"

Well Mom took me on my first "around" Catalina trip, she calls it the "5 Day Around Catalina", whereby all these women, from that little group she belongs to" and their boats converge on that wonder island and "hone" their skills..........she says.

I say they fished a lot, made huge amounts of food, drank too many libations, listened to their music way to loud.............and laughed way too much, but hey, girls will be girls.

In the mean time Maggie and I got to walk on the beach, ride in the dink, eat a lot and swim. Seems like every time I barked, Mom would take the liberty of letting me swim, whether I wanted or not, she is evil like that.

Now 5 days sailing makes ones sea legs, very sturdy. As time passed, on each leg, I always found myself tethered, but with more latitude to move around than before. I think I have proven I am truly a "sea dog", not an old one, just a good one.

Usually I am the first one up in the morning, but I have to tell you, Maggie really got a head start on me each day. So at 7:30, tails are wagging and then mom starts that mumbling again, *&%&^%#$#, and we soon were boarding the dink for the trip to the beach.

The great thing about the beach, no leaches...........free to run and chase the birds, dig in the sand, roll in the dead whatever, just be dogs. All of this of course is followed by a swim!

Mom may be grumbling in the morning, but I always wake up and say "HELLO LOVER, greet the day, put on your pants and let's get it going Mom, the island and the sea are calling us!!!!!!!!!" She loves when I am happy............I think!

She usually comes around, crumpy, but comes around nonetheless!!

Ziggy Pickles

ps..........as soon as Mom figures out how to post a pictures, we will add as well, in the mean time she is crumpling again )*^(*&%&^$%$

No comments: